||Southern Rag Medley No. One - 1908 - 3:08|
|Composed By John W. Boone|
|Sequenced By Colin D. MacDonald|
|Edited By Greenfield Bowie|
|File Name: sragmed1||Zip/Unzip Size: 5/15||Added 27Oct96||Last Updated 04Jun97|
|Structure: Introduction - AA B CC DD EE|
|Primary Reference: Ragtime Rarities
selected and with an introduction by Trebor Jay Tichenor published by Dover
Publications Inc., 31 East 2nd Street, Mineola, N. Y. 11501
Comments: John Boone was a blind virtuoso who could play back any piece he heard, no matter how complex, after only one listening. In 1908, he retired from an incredible life of concerts.
Changes Made To Source Reference:
- Measure 18 RH: C changed to F.
- Measures 39 and 55 RH: Changed 7th eighth note from G# to G natural.
- Measures 41 and 57 RH: Changed 7th eighth note from C# to C natural.
- Measures 46 and 62 LH: First note changed from D natural to Bb.
- Measures 74 and 90 RH: Changed Ab in second chord to A natural.
- Measures 99 and 107 LH: C in last chord changed to D.
- Measures 104 and 112 RH: Rhythm changed as indicated.
- Measures 105 and 113 RH and LH: First two sixteenth notes replaced by eighth notes to correct printer error.
- Measure 106 RH: Last chord replaced by [Bb-C] eighth notes.
- Measure 106 LH: F in last chord changed to Ab.