||Rags To Burn - 1899 - 6:18|
|Composed By Frank X. McFadden|
|Sequenced By Colin D. MacDonald|
|Edited By Greenfield Bowie|
|File Name: rgs2burn||Zip/Unzip Size: 7/28]||Added 27Oct96||Last Updated 04Jun97|
|Structure: AA BB CC DD E F GG H II|
|Primary Reference: Ragtime Rediscoveries
selected and with an introduction by Trebor Jay Tichenor published by Dover
Publications Inc., 31 East 2nd Street, Mineola, N. Y. 11501
Comments: This medley consists of a number of short themes or "rags" strung together to form a complete composition. McFadden was a young Midwestern musician billed as the "Peerless Ragtime Pianist".
Changes Made To Source Reference:
- Measures 50 and 66 RH: Second note changed from Bb to B natural.
- Measures 51 and 67 LH: First chord changed from E natural octave to Eb octave.
- Measures 70 and 78 RH: F# in last chord changed to F natural.
- Measures 71 and 79 RH: F# in last chord changed to F natural.
- Measures 74 and 82 RH: F# in last chord changed to F natural.
- Measures 75 and 83 RH: F# in last chord changed to F natural.
- Measures 98 and 114 LH: Last chord changed from G natural octave to Gb octave.
- Measure 135 RH: Changed tied notes to [F-G] from [F#-G].
- Measure 143 RH: Changed tied notes to [F-G] from [F#-G].
- Measures 180 and 196 RH: Tie observed between 1st and 2nd chords.
- Measure 228 LH: Second chord changed form Bb octave to B natural octave.