||Paramount Rag - 1917 - 2:53|
|Composed By James Scott|
|Sequenced By Colin D. MacDonald|
|Edited By Greenfield Bowie|
|File Name: paramont||Zip/Unzip Size: 7/19||Added 12Nov99||Last Updated N/A|
|Structure: Introduction AA BB CC DD|
|Primary Reference: Classic Piano
Rags selected and with an introduction by Rudi Blesh published
by Dover Publications Inc., 31 East 2nd Street, Mineola, N. Y. 11501
Other: The Golden Era Of Ragtime edited by Tony Esposito published by Warner Bros. Publications Inc., 15800 N. W. 48th Avenue, Miami, Florida 33014; Ragtime Revival Original Piano Solos published by Creative Concepts Publishing Corp., 2290 Eastman Avenue #110, Ventura, California 93003
Changes Made To Source Reference:
- [1-1-5/#5] RH: Db in 3rd chord changed to D natural in order to match chromatic pattern in other measures (e.g., see [1-1-1/#1]).
- [1-1-6/#6 and #22], [1-2-2/#8 and #24], [1-3-3/#14 and #30], and [1-3-5/#16 and #32] RH: B natural in 7th chord changed to Bb; F added to 8th chord.
- [1-3-3/#14 and #30], and [1-3-5/#16 and #32] RH: Bb in 5th chord changed to B natural.
- [1-4-5/#21] RH: Db in 4th chord changed to D natural in order to match chromatic pattern in other measures (e.g., see [1-1-1/#1]).
- [1-5-4/#41 and #57] RH: Third note from end changed from Gb to G natural.
- [1-6-6-/#48 and #64] RH: G natural in 1st chord changed to Gb. Compare with [1-5-3/#40].
- [2-1-1/#49 and #65] RH: Third note from end changed from Gb to G natural.
- [2-6-2/#108 and #124] RH: A natural in 3rd chord changed to Ab.
- [2-6-6/#112 and #128 and 2-7-1/#113 and #129] RH: Eb removed from 1st chord of 2nd measure; F in last chord of 1st measure tied to 16th note in following measure.
- [2-7-3/#115 and #131] LH: Last chord changed to Ab octave.
- [2-7-3/#115 and #131] and [2-7-4/#116 and #132] RH: Top notes in last and first chords of these 2 measures respectively were lowered as described in following: The descending harmonic pattern suggests the F in last chord of 1st measure should be lowered from F to Eb, and the F in the 1st chord of the 2nd measure should be lowered from F to Db.