||Harlem Rag Two Step - 1897 - 2:45|
|Composed By Tom Turpin|
|Sequenced By Colin D. MacDonald|
|Edited By Greenfield Bowie|
|File Name: harlem||Zip/Unzip Size:5/15||Added 22Apr97||Last Updated N/A|
|Structure: A BB1 CC1 DD1 A|
|Primary Reference: Classic Piano
Rags selected and with an introduction by Rudi Blesh published
by Dover Publications Inc., 31 East 2nd Street, Mineola, N. Y. 11501
Other: All American Ragtime Volume Three published by Creative Concepts Publishing Corp., 154 E. El Roblar Dr., Box 848, Ojai, CA 93023
Comments: This is the first rag published by an African-American.
Changes Made To Source Reference:
- First Page, 4th System, 4th and 5th Measures: Printed double measure line ignored. These two "measures" are just one measure They were sequenced as one measure.
- Measure 48 RH: C# in last chord changed to C natural.
- Measure 68 LH: C natural in last chord changed to C#.
- Measure 76 LH: C natural in 2nd and 4th chords changed to C#.
- Measure 91 LH: B# and G natural in 2nd and 4th chords changed to B natural and G#.