||Cactus Rag - 1916 - 4:13|
|Composed By Lucian P. Gibson|
|Sequenced By Colin D. MacDonald|
|Edited By Greenfield Bowie|
|File Name: cactus||Zip/Unzip Size: 7/24||Added 27Oct96||Last Updated 04Jun97|
|Structure: AA BB Trio-Introduction CC AA|
|Primary Reference: Ragtime Rarities
selected and with an introduction by Trebor Jay Tichenor published by Dover
Publications Inc., 31 East 2nd Street, Mineola, N. Y. 11501
Other: All American Ragtime Volume Four published by Creative Concepts Publishing Corp., 154 E. El Roblar Dr., Box 848, Ojai, CA 93023
The Golden Era Of Ragtime edited by Tony Esposito published by Warner Bros. Publications Inc., 15800 N. W. 48th Avenue, Miami, Florida 33014
Changes Made To Source Reference:
- Measures 18, 42, and 150 RH: D natural in first chord changed to Eb.
- Measures 51 and 75 LH: Ab notes changed to A natural.
- Measures 56, 64, 80, and 88 RH: Last octave changed from Ab to A natural.
- Measures 59 and 83 LH: Ab notes changed to A natural.
- Measure 97 LH: 2nd chord changed from Ab octave to A natural octave; 4th chord changed from Bb octave to B natural octave; 6th chord changed from C natural octave to Db octave.
- Measures 100 to 101 RH: Changed trill to D natural /Eb from Db/Eb.
- Measure 157 RH: Removed last octave since this is a pickup chord for the B Strain and does not belong at the end of the song.
- Measure 157 LH: Made last note into an octave.
- Fourth repeat of A Strain omitted. Measure 157 was replaced with the last measure of the second repeat of the A strain and last chord of this measure was removed.